Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Preparations


We are getting ready for our first Easter with Drew and it is so much fun. 

Have been checking things off the to do list....
Monogrammed Linen Easter Outfit...check
Handpainted Easter Bucket...check
Plastic Easter Eggs...check
Easter Basket Stuffers...check

Easter pictures with live bunnies, ducks and chicks....uhhhh, well, kinda check.  Drew was NOT a fan.  He grabbed the duck, which had to be quickly removed and screamed when the bunny came near.  Good news is I think we figured out he wasn't as afraid of the animals as he was of the lady assisting the photographer with the animals.  Didn't even notice she had on a white coat over her clothes.  Hello, she looked like the nurse at the doctor's office who gives shots...lol  By the time she left and we calmed him down I am hoping we got at least one or two pics with the bunny.  We didn't even try with the duck again.  When I get them back I will share.

Unfortunately, still no check by the inflatable Easter bunny.  I am still on the hunt, but it isn't looking very promising.

It looks like the weather will be nice and we will be able to get out some Easter Sunday.  We promise to post pictures on Easter!!!! It has been a long Lent for Kevin who opened his mouth and spoke before he thought about what he was doing.  He gave up fried food, alcohol and several other things.  He has been quite a trooper, but I am afraid we may have fried chicken and beer for Easter breakfast! 

Several people who were part of my life as a child passed away this past week.  Terry Everitt who was the director at Camp Tanako, the United Methodist Camp in Arkansas where I spent every (and yes I said every) summer until I went to law school either going to camp or working at the camp, lost his battle with cancer.  He was a wonderful person whose dedication to his work was a true ministry to more people than he will ever know.  And Mary Lou Hull who was a member at White Hall United Methodist Church.  Mrs. Mary Lou and her mother helped with my elementary school brownie troop on special occasions and she followed me all the way through life.  On the occasion of my wedding she sent me one of the nicest cards I have ever received.  She was a remarkable woman who served her community and her church.  Both of these amazing people were part of my life and even when I wasn't aware they were sharing what it meant to be a Christian and serve others with your life.  I have read their obituaries and really found peace in knowing how wonderful it must be to know you will celebrate Easter in heaven.  As Christians on the Lenten journey it is often hard to remember Sunday is coming when we walk through the events of Holy Week.  May their friends and families find peace in knowing Sunday always comes and the miracle of Easter awaits.  We wish you all a wonderful Easter and the joy that Sunday morning holds. 

1 comment:

  1. MM I'm so glad I met you. you're words are so sweet. sorry for your loss.
    Drew is getting so big. we need another playdate. I can't wait to see his easter pics.

    ReplyDelete