Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!


We had a wonderful first Easter with Drew.  The Easter bunny made his first trip to our house and left a very cute Easter bucket.  I just happen to know it was hand painted by a girl in Mississippi and she did a wonderful job.  An Easter bunny on a tractor can't be much cuter.  Although the basket had some fun tub toys and finger puppets, the plastic eggs were the toy of choice.  Drew learned it is awfully hard to crawl with plastic eggs in both hands!  Unfortunately the search for the inflatable Easter bunny was unsuccessful.  However, Nana and Granddaddy saved the day and sent an Easter surprise with a blue bunny as big as Drew.  He loved it!


Kevin cooked breakfast, which thankfully did not include fried chicken and beer, after a long Lent without either.  We did have bacon, which Kevin proclaimed to be the best bacon he had ever had in his life...too funny.  We made it to a great church service and then lunch.  I gave in and didn't cook so Kevin could have fried chicken!  Kevin and I reminisced on the way to church about what a difference a year can make.  At 7 months pregnant last Easter I remembered telling Kevin on the way to church that if they didn't have the air conditioner on high we weren't staying!  He recalled sitting down in our seats and asking me to hand him a hymnal on the floor near my feet.  Apparently I didn't give him a very "easterly" look.  Too funny.  We are so blessed this year to have a happy, healthy baby.  I know I write this every time I blog, but he IS growing and changing every day.  With all 6 teeth now almost completely in he is eating non-stop.  He is exploring every room in the house and every nook and cranny.  We look forward to lots more Easter fun in the coming years.  We took lots of pictures and tried to capture bits and pieces of the day. 
Drew loves Mr. Sam.  Mr. Sam works at our church, which is also Drew's daycare.  They see eachother 6 days a week most weeks.  Mr. Sam was nice enough to take a picture of the three of us after church so we had to make sure to get one of him too.
Checking out Dad's tie was way more fun than smiling for the camera.

And, my FAVORITE picture of the day.  He is learning to blow kisses.  Most of the time it is a cross between a kiss and indian chanting, but I love it.


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. he is so precious. I can't believe he is blowing kisses. I love that picture. absolutely perfect.
    looks like you had the best Easter day.

    ReplyDelete