Thursday, April 8, 2010

Save the Date for Drew's First Birthday Party

It is hard to believe, but Drew's first birthday is just two months away. He will be 1 on June 17th. We have finalized the date and location plans.  His party will be on Saturday, June 19th at the Mississippi Ag Museum. With so many friends and family coming from out of town to celebrate we wanted to find a place that had a lot of things to see and do and could accommodate everyone. Older kids will be able to explore old town Mississippi, younger kids can enjoy train rides and carousel rides and we will have a large (air conditioned!) space to spend time with everyone. The Ag Museum is located on Lakeland Drive not far from our house and near lots of hotels. All the directions will be with the invitation. For those of you planning on coming from out of town let me know and I will get you some hotel options. The International Ballet competition will be in Jackson that week so things are booking up fast. We can't wait to see everyone for a day of fun at the Ag Museum.

All has been good here this week. We are enjoying the beautiful spring weather and hoping the rain every few days continues to wash away the pollen. We are slowly coming through the teething process and now all 4 top teeth are in. Thank goodness!! Drew's latest fetes include the ability to take off his own shoes and the ability to steal pacifiers from his daycare friends. I am not too happy about either of these new accomplishments. He is quickly learning the meaning of "no" and I find my mother coming out in me when I say it. Just like my mom, when I say no and really mean it comes out "Andrew NO!" Kinda funny how adding the name seems to make a difference. We are so lucky to have such a happy, good baby. Just when I think we are at my favorite "baby stage" I love the next day even more.

I forgot to post this picture a blog or two ago.  It was taken when my mom came to visit a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately we were all sick most of the visit with sinus stuff and Drew just wasn't feeling good with his teeth.  She did manage to sneak in a few good moments though.
Rocking with Granny
Just playing and playing

1 comment:

  1. so fun. y'all are going to have a blast at the ag museum. such a great idea.
    he is so precious. I'm so ready for this pollen to be gone.

    ReplyDelete