Monday, October 5, 2009

Talking, Talking, Talking

We are so very blessed to have such a happy baby. He is now sleeping 9-10 hours at night (THANK GOD) and is growing every day. I have told many people that I believe his laid-back, happy personality comes from my side of the family, but in all fairness that is VERY unlikely. I think that it may come from his namesake, WE Ayres. WE was one of the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He and his wife, Diane, have been a part of my family as long as I can remember. WE was a true gentleman who was not only a well respected Arkansas businessman, but the kindest heart I have ever known. My prayer is Drew will be blessed with that type of kindness and goodness. I hope the Ayres name will remind him of the wonderful man who his Daddy and I will share stories about. Diane will be here on October 18th to meet Drew and be part of his baptism. It will be a wonderful day.

Kevin's sister, Tiffany, made the trip from North Carolina this past weekend to meet Drew. Tiffany is in management with JC Penney so she won't be able to make the trip to Georgia to spend the holidays with us. They had a wonderful time. He enjoyed "talking" with his Aunt Tiff and she really picked at great time to come. He talked non-stop.


Drew and his Daddy spent the day together last Thursday while the daycare was closed for teacher education days. They had a wonderful time!! Drew has gotten so verbal and really just talks all the time. We just love it. Thought you all might enjoy some video taken the morning Kevin kept him. For those of you not around Jackson there is a local restaurant named Primo's that is GREAT. It is one of Kevin's favorite places and he rarely missed "Fried Chicken Thursdays." (I have never posted video before so if this doesn't work I will try to get it right next time.)





In case we haven't had a chance to tell you, Drew will be baptized on Sunday, October 18th at Galloway United Methodist Church in downtown Jackson. All of our friends and family are invited to be there to be part of this special day. For all of you who can't make it you will also be able to watch it on the web. Our church broadcasts the Sunday morning service each week live on the web. I will post the web link that week before so you can be part of day.

1 comment:

  1. so sweet. he is getting so big.
    I'm jealous. Wyatt still gets up every 3 hours to eat.
    I can't wait to see y'all in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete