Friday, October 16, 2009

Drew's Baptism


We have had a busy week getting ready for the baptism on Sunday. We hit a bit of a speed bump on Tuesday when we were surprised to learn at the doctor Drew had his first ear infection. Crazy thing was he never ran fever and never even cried!!! I was concerned about some congestion and took him in to get checked out since I knew this weekend was going to be busy. Well, sure enough it was his ear. He is taking some antibiotics, but hasn't missed a beat. They tell me this is a VERY good sign. I am hoping it means he isn't cursed with the ear infection bugs that so many kids get these days. At the same visit we also got quite a surprise when we found out he is also cutting his first tooth. I think he knows we head to Nana's in a month and he doesn't want to miss the good food!! He is growing and changing everyday. I tell Kevin I think today will be my favorite stage and then the next day is even better. Being parents has been wonderful and we are soooo lucky to have such a laid back, happy baby.

We are looking forward to Drew's baptism this Sunday. We are so glad so many of our friends here in Jackson are going to be able to be there with us. We know many of you can't make the trip and will be there with us in spirit. Since so many of you are so far way we wanted to pass along the information about the church website. You will be able to view the baptism live as the church service is streamed live on the internet. Church begins at 10:55 a.m.(CST) and you can get to the live video stream via the below web address. Once you are on this page just click the "View It Here" button about half way down the page under the Live Streaming section. It is also available via Podcasting for all your techies with an iPhone. You will need Windows Media Player on your computer so you may want to make sure you have it and it is updated. You can google "update windows media player" for free updates. Call me and I will try to help you if you can't figure it out. And don't worry, if you can't get it to come up on your computer it will be taped and we can share the DVD with you. For all of you in the Jackson viewing area you can also check it out on WAPT live.


http://www.gallowayumc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126&Itemid=85

1 comment:

  1. oh that sweet face. he is so precious.
    That's so good that he did so well with the ear infection. That's a blessing.

    Everyday is a new adventure and isn't it the best ever. I can't believe how awesome motherhood is.

    ReplyDelete