Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SLEEP, finally!

Well I am trying to enjoy the sleep now, who knows how long it will last. After 9 ½ weeks (really 11 months if you count all those nights it was impossible to sleep pregnant) of interrupted sleep we are finally getting a good night’s rest. Drew is now sleeping 6-7 hours at night and we are keeping our fingers crossed it continues. I have to say the first couple of nights he slept more than 4 hours I woke up several times to go check on him, but now I sleep until he is awake. It is Wonderful!!!

Drew had his first official play date last week with two other babies. Well, maybe it wasn’t a play date, the moms ate lunch at Newk’s while the boys slept in their carriers, but they all woke up just in time for a picture. It was all the girls that I did water aerobics with while I was pregnant. They were a great support group during pregnancy and have been so wonderful to get advice from since we all had our babies. It was so much fun to get all our babies together. They were all born just a few weeks apart. Our friend Jennifer Hankins and her baby, Ethan, couldn't make lunch. Ethan was born 3 weeks after Drew. Surprisingly, we all had our babies on Wednesday and all had C-sections. Can’t wait for them all too really enjoy playing together. We have already planned a party for Halloween.
(From Left to Right-Sawyer Santos was born the week after Drew. Wyatt Long was born 5 weeks later. And Drew.)


And then there was Tuesday and the dreaded first day of daycare. I took Drew to daycare for a few hours Tuesday to try to get us both used to it. Thank goodness he didn’t have to start on a work day since I balled my eyes out as soon as I got in the car! He did great though. He ate well and was sound asleep when I got back to pick him up. By the time we were home he was wide awake and a happy baby. It is such a blessing to have a daycare at our church. The teachers are outstanding and it is such a wonderful place. I have no doubt he will do fine, but THANK GOD I don’t have to leave him for a full day for a few more weeks. Below is a picture of him on the first day.


We are headed to Atlanta this weekend to visit the Rudolphs. I am looking forward to Drew meeting Sue and Pete. The ride should be interesting and a good test for the big trip later to South Georgia. We will let you know how it goes. Keep all 3 of us in your prayers. We are loving every minute of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment