Friday, August 7, 2009

All Smiles!!




It was a rough start to the week, but it has ended with some of our first smiles! There is nothing better than your baby smiling back at you. Last weekend and the first part of the week we battled constant reflux. Poor guy, it messed up his eating and sleeping and we were all pretty miserable. The change in formula supplements didn’t help and, in fact, seemed to make it worse. We went back to supplementing the breastfeeding with the Soy formula we started with and added cereal to thicken it. That has done the trick along with a little medication. He is sleeping and is a happy baby again. We have had to get a little creative though to help ease the reflux. Kevin found a good use for our old law books and phone books….propping the crib mattress!!! It seems to be helping relieve his night time discomfort.

Just as everything started to get better with Drew we also got GREAT news that Dad’s trial in North Mississippi was continued. Thank goodness, I was sure stressing about a week home alone. I think Jennifer Parks and Susan Woods were disappointed though that I wouldn’t need the nightly help. Thank goodness for such good friends!!! Susan has figured out a way to get her time with Drew in though, she is going to keep him Monday so we can go to dinner for our 2nd anniversary. It is hard to believe it has been 2 years. I couldn’t be happier or more in love with both my guys! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive husband who is such a great father and a happy, healthy baby. And just for the record, our first dinner out as parents will not be Wings and Beer!!! Sorry, honey.

This week has brought lots of fun. He is smiling and giggling and much to my dismay wiggling a WHOLE lot more. (The bumper pad is coming out of the crib tonight!) We had to take the newborn pad out of the car seat and we are down to our last few newborn diapers. He is growing so fast and changing every day. What a wonderful blessing.

I couldn't resist posting the below picture. Like father, like son. Now all he needs is the remote control! He stopped crying as soon as Kevin put him in the chair. He loved it!



1 comment:

  1. I is amazing how much they change in a few weeks. I can't believe our boys are here. We are so blessed.
    Hope you have a great anniversary dinner.

    ReplyDelete