

We have had a wonderful week. You can see from the picture Drew loves his Daddy's guitar playing almost as much as he loves a bath!
We went to the pediatrician Thursday for Drew’s 8 week check-up and shots. He got 3 shots and neither of us cried too much. It is so hard to believe he is two months old. Everything looks great. He now weighs a whopping 11 pounds 7 ounces. He has gone from the 5th percentile in weight to the 50th percentile! He was in the 25th percentile in length and, much to our surprise, only the 50th percentile in head size. He has quite a noggin! Drew seems to be doing much better on the new formula-cereal mix. He is a much happier baby since his reflux has gotten better. He is now cooing and laughing and smiling everyday. Nothing is better than him smiling back at you.
Kevin and I had a wonderful 2nd anniversary. Susan and Chris kept Drew so we could go to dinner at Shapley’s (YUM!!) I tried not to worry, but I will admit I ate pretty fast. And I would have probably left Kevin there if he even considered ordering dessert. Thank goodness for cell phones and text messaging. Chris kept me updated with pics. We are hoping he wasn’t too much trouble and Susan and Chris got baby fever and didn’t decide children were a bad idea.
My Dad, Terry and Jenny came on Friday and we enjoyed a great visit. They played with Drew so we could go out to dinner with Susan and Chris. It was their anniversary and an early celebration for Susan’s 30th birthday. Dinner out twice in one week with no screaming baby was quite a change. It is so hard to leave him, but sure is nice to have date night. Drew loved his Granddad Buddy. I think he was disappointed when no one sat and watched him swing in his swing on Sunday.
Kevin and I had a wonderful 2nd anniversary. Susan and Chris kept Drew so we could go to dinner at Shapley’s (YUM!!) I tried not to worry, but I will admit I ate pretty fast. And I would have probably left Kevin there if he even considered ordering dessert. Thank goodness for cell phones and text messaging. Chris kept me updated with pics. We are hoping he wasn’t too much trouble and Susan and Chris got baby fever and didn’t decide children were a bad idea.
My Dad, Terry and Jenny came on Friday and we enjoyed a great visit. They played with Drew so we could go out to dinner with Susan and Chris. It was their anniversary and an early celebration for Susan’s 30th birthday. Dinner out twice in one week with no screaming baby was quite a change. It is so hard to leave him, but sure is nice to have date night. Drew loved his Granddad Buddy. I think he was disappointed when no one sat and watched him swing in his swing on Sunday.

We are going to tour the daycare this week and meet his teachers. (Baby steps!) I am pretty nervous about leaving him, but have no doubt it is what is best. I am starting to miss my work, but it sure will be hard to leave him all day. I love our time together. I am hoping to take him some for an hour or two to try to get us both used to it before he starts full time the end of September.

No comments:
Post a Comment