

Our visit with the Rudolphs was WONDERFUL. Pat and Teresa have a beautiful home in Woodstock, north of Atlanta. Pete and Sue have taken up residence in the downstairs “apartment.” I use that term very loosely since it is way bigger and a lot nicer than any apartment I have every lived in. It is a great space and they have some beautiful wooded views. Drew enjoyed hanging out with Pete since he was willing to play pacifier chase with him. Drew would spit it out and Pete would put it back in. Drew was quite disappointed the next day when no one put it back in after the 3rd time, 3 times is my limit! He loved Sue and goo’d and gaa’d. He really loved Teresa. She was an expert at walking and patting his bottom and he liked that. We enjoyed a great visit and sharing lots of good stories. (Once Drew is a little older he will no longer be allowed to hear Pat Rudolph stories!) Teresa fixed an amazing lunch, fine china and all. And of course, Sue fixed the special frozen strawberry pie, my favorite!!! I am glad we were able to introduce Drew and I was so happy to see them. It had been a year since we were in Northwest Arkansas to visit and I had really missed them. We are excited they are in Georgia now as we will be able to stop more as we go that way to see Kevin’s family.



When we left the Rudolph’s Drew was worn out. As soon as we got in the car he sacked out. I told Kevin we were not about to wake him up and we could either drive the Atlanta loop for 2 hours or just head down the interstate to South Georgia and surprise Ann and Clayton. We headed to the hotel and I sat in the car with the sleeping baby while Kevin packed us up. Let me just say, packing is an event with an infant. Good thing we had an SUV. By the time you get the pack-and-play, stroller, bottles, diapers, etc. there was barely room for Kevin and I to take clothes for ourselves.
We got to Nana and Granddaddy’s Friday evening. Aunt Julie, Jace and Jackson came over Saturday and we all enjoyed seeing everyone. I wish I had Julie’s special gift when it comes to kids. He loves his Aunt Julie and she always knows how to keep him happy and put him to sleep. Jackson had a good time holding him and Jace had fun making him laugh. He figured out if he told him he had funny feet like his daddy he would giggle. It was too cute. Poor guy already getting made fun of for his daddy’s feet. I only have a few pictures of Nana and Granddaddy's on my camera. I promise to post more once Nana sends me the ones from her camera.
We headed back to Jackson Monday morning and stopped in Eufaula, AL for a nice break from the car and feeding at Kevin’s Aunt Pat’s house. They have a beautiful home. Drew enjoyed their back patio and especially enjoyed watching Troy dance to the kid’s music channel.
Aunt Pat fixed a great lunch and then we got on the road again. We were back in Jackson Monday evening and all ready to be out of the car and in our own beds. We are lucky Drew travelled so well and we enjoyed getting out and seeing everyone. He continues to grow everyday and is almost too big for mom to carry him around in the carrier. He is sleeping 6-7 hours at night, thankfully, and enjoying a few hours several days a week at the daycare. I am back to working pretty much full time although I won’t be back at the office full time for a couple of more weeks. It is nice to be back to work, but I sure do miss him. We are looking forward to a visit from Aunt Pam this weekend. Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment