
Slowly we are finding a routine in our new life with a baby. After all the visits and trips we are enjoying slowing down in everyday life. I have started back to work (almost fulltime) and Drew is getting accustomed to daycare. He has gone just about every day for the past week for a several hours. His teachers are great and we couldn’t be happier about the learning atmosphere at the school. When we put our name on the list at Galloway I had several people tell me it wasn’t a “daycare,” but a “school.” I thought it was kind of ridiculous to call it a school since really how much could a 12 week old baby be learning. Well one week in and after hearing “daycare” stories from other moms I am realize how lucky we are and convinced it IS school. They do a wonderful job stimulating the babies and not just being a babysitter. The best part is he comes home worn out so sleep at night continues to be great.
We had a very relaxing Labor Day weekend. My sister Pam came from Dallas and enjoyed several days with us spoiling Drew. It was so great to see her and to introduce Drew. Aunt Pam works for a group of pediatricians and nannies in the evenings so she was great with him. And she came with all the free samples from the doctors at her clinic...WOOHOO!
We had a very relaxing Labor Day weekend. My sister Pam came from Dallas and enjoyed several days with us spoiling Drew. It was so great to see her and to introduce Drew. Aunt Pam works for a group of pediatricians and nannies in the evenings so she was great with him. And she came with all the free samples from the doctors at her clinic...WOOHOO!


Today is my birthday and I have been telling people all day “birth”day has a whole new meaning once you actually give birth. Thanks, Mom, for all you went through! It is so special to now share my birthdays with my child. I look forward to the days when he understands and really enjoys birthdays. Kevin looks forward to the day Drew can remind him when it is my birthday!!! We have had a great day and Kevin has made sure it was a good day for me. I am very lucky and blessed to get to spend the day with my two favorite guys.
Lastly, I wanted to share a picture of my nephew Tom Alan. There is no doubt he and Drew will enjoy each other. He loves the outdoors, too. My sister and her husband live outside Little Rock. Tom called me Friday to tell me he was going hunting this weekend. He was so excited. He also let me know that his chickens were “pooping” eggs…too cute. Below is the picture from his first hunt!
Tom Alan 3 Squirrels 0

No comments:
Post a Comment