It has been a wonderful December. I had intended to blog more being home on maternity leave, but it turns out the uploading of pictures took way too long from our home internet. So today I will try to catch up on the happenings at the Gay house since Thanksgiving. Drew and Owen are both great. We are trying to enjoy every moment of this time at home. Drew seems to be growing before our eyes and Owen is no longer a "newborn." As we welcome in 2013 we are looking forward to all that God has in store for our family in the new year. Each year we say it can't get any better than this, but it does. We are so very blessed. These two boys make each day memorable, exciting and fun. There is nothing quite like watching the world through the eyes of a child and knowing their love. As I prepare to return to work and we start the next chapter of of our lives in 2013 we are reminded of how lucky we are to have such wonderful family and friends. We look forward to seeing you all more in the new year and introducing everyone to Owen. Many blessings to you in the New Year.
Owen continues to grow and change. After a minor change to his formula he is a happy baby. Very few signs of the gas and collic that Drew had! At his 6 week appointment he was up to 10 1/2 lbs and had grown over an inch. He is sleeping well and all in all is a very good baby. He started cooing and smiling last week which is so much fun. He knows the sound of Drew's voice and immediately turns to find him in the room when he hears it. Drew thinks that is pretty fun. He can't wait until he can play with Owen. For now he is enjoying being a helper and showing Owen the world. Owen will start daycare in the next few weeks at the same school where Drew has been since he was an infant. Drew is very excited to have his brother at school. He has wanted to take him for show-and-tell for several weeks!
| Owen and Rachel Wiygul |
Drew helped me decorate the tree this year. I was having such a wonderful parenting moment until he looked at me and said "mom, dad is calling me outside." He was upset because, and I quote, "you won't tell me where this ornament goes!" He kept asking where each ornament should be hung and when I said wherever you want to hang it he thought I was kidding. He felt sure there was a plan behind tree decorating that no one was telling him.
Drew's school Christmas program was really cute this year. His class were the heavenly host of angels. Bless his heart his halo just wouldn't stay on straight. Kevin and I were able to both go and enjoy it thanks to Ms. Sharon for watching Owen. It was the first time we had left Owen and I tried not to worry. When we arrived to pick him up I was surprised to when Sharon told me it didn't go well. She went on to tell us he slept in his carseat the whole time and she didn't even get to hold him!! She was so disappointed. Sweet baby.
And last but not least, Kevin and I learned another important parenting lesson this year...never let Justin bring his gifts before Santa. Santa couldn't top the "real" Georgia bulldog helmet (with chin strap), jersey, shoulder pads and pants! Drew has worn it just about as much as his regular clothes. Loving some Mr. Justin!
More Christmas Day pics to come...Happy New Year!
More Christmas Day pics to come...Happy New Year!



No comments:
Post a Comment