Well, apparently life has been so busy I haven't had a chance to blog in a while. I didn't realize it had been so long. We have all been busy getting ready for the arrival of Baby Boy #2. Still no final decision on the name. We said we would decide early this time, but we just can't make a final decision. Hopefully we will at least have a short list before heading to the hospital! Baby's room is slowly coming together. Second time around is a lot harder to pull together. We have everything, but locating it, cleaning it and getting it in place has been a challenge. We are set to deliver on November 2nd, but there is no guarantee. Praying that we have a full term baby this time and don't get any early surprises. All looks good at the doctor and I am feeling great! (other than the interrupted sleep and normal uncomfortableness of the last few weeks)
Between work and the start of a new school year, with new sports, we have been keeping busy. Life with a 3 year old keeps us on our toes, but is so much fun. Drew is growing up so fast and has really become a grown up little boy this summer. He is more independent than I could have ever imagined. Mom and Dad are slowly learning to let him do the things he can all by himself and not worry. That has meant several Saturday trips to run errands with shirts on backwards or with clothes that don't exactly match, but those are definitely things we can live with if he did it all by himself. He is full of surprises most days. A few weeks ago on the way home I was explaining about birthdays and that his birthday was in June. He immediately told me "Mom, I know, June 17th. That's after May. And then proceeded to tell me the months in order." That was then followed by the days of the week. I think he enjoys shocking us. At dinner a few weeks ago he told pointed to a D on Kevin's short sleeve and said "Dad, that's a D. I start with D." Our baby is learning so much. Patience also means learning the REAL meaning of prayer during church on Sunday morning. Drew now insists on going to big church and really is good. We spend most services now just praying to get through the hour...especially the moment of silent prayer....without being "that kid" and "those parents."
To go back to summer, somehow I missed posting pictures of our trip to Georgia. We had a wonderful trip to Atlanta to visit Pete and then on to the mountains. Drew was big enough this year to ride in the canoe and conquer the tubing. It was a good end to summer with Nana, Grandaddy and his cousins. Not to mention his crazy aunts, who I have shared a pic of below so you get an idea of where Drew gets his wild side!
| Nana taught him how to use a rod and reel. Very exciting stuff! |
| Roasting Marshmallows with Jace |
| Aunt Julie and Aunt Tiff! |
Drew: "Mom, I don't eat (granola) bars for breakfast."
Me: "Yes, you do. You like bars"
Drew: "Daddy lets me eat Skittles for breakfast."
Me: "Really."
3 minutes later
Drew: "Mom, I can throw things out the window. Daddy says its ok. He let's me touch dead birds, too."
And, last, but not least
Drew: "Mom, see that police car. We saw a police car when we went to hunt birds. The policeman grabbed that girl and put her in the backseat."
Kevin admitted to the first and second, but swears he doesn't know where the police car came from.
| Riding with Mr. Justin |
Pam came to see me while the boys were away hunting and we had a good time. I wasn't really up for partying, but we enjoyed a few good dinners and some quality time. She will finish nursing school in December and I am so proud of her! Not to mention the fact she looks better ever year!
So we are finally seeing some cool temps and soccer season started this weekend. It was, well, organized chaos to say the least. I have pics and will try to blog again this week to get those up. Happy Fall!


No comments:
Post a Comment