Little did I know in my last post that there were more surprises in store for our family in April. By now most of you know baby #2 is on the way! We are beyond excited!
Let me start with the questions I know you are asking, I have heard them lots in the past few weeks - Yes, we did say we weren't planning to expand our family anytime soon. Yes, I did say work was too busy and I didn't know how we would fit it in. Yes, I did say pregnancy was hard on us the first time around and I didn't know if I could do it again. Yes, we said all those things and more. God, however, has a bigger plan for our lives. Although we were surprised, we are overjoyed that we will be adding to our family. Drew is still trying to come to terms with what an older brother means for his life. When we asked him "do you want a little brother or little sister?" His response was quick "No." He is coming around though. A week or so ago at school he informed his teacher as he left for the day that he was "going to Wal-Mart to get his brother."
That was the surprise I referred to in the last post, some other surprises have come with this pregnancy. Over the weeks I became sicker and sicker and could tell something other than normal pregnancy issues were happening. My doctor did some ongoing assessments and finally determined it was my gall bladder. On Monday, April 23rd I was admitted to the hospital. Having the surgery was one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make. It is one thing to make the decision for yourself, but another thing to know you are taking your child in with you. After much prayer, we determined it was best for me and the baby. Surgery went well and I am still healing each day. Things continue to get better every day. We saw our precious little one on the sonogram at a surgery follow-up appointment this Monday and it warmed our hearts to see the heartbeat and movement. All with the baby is great! Kevin is just ready to know the sex and hopefully we will find that out in June.
Kevin and Drew have spent alot of time together over the past month. With Mom in bed sick Kevin has had to do it all. He never ceases to amaze me with his parenting skills. Drew loves his Daddy! I am very lucky.
With the surprise of baby and sickness changes in plans for the spring. Unfortunately my trip with Kevin's sister, Tiffany, to New York as part of her 40th birthday celebration had to be postponed. It was very disappointing! Instead Tiffany came to Jackson for a long weekend. I wasn't much fun, but Drew had a great time with her. It was so much fun to watch them play and so great to give Kevin a break.
Happy 40th Birthday Aunt Tiff!
She had to settle for a Sesame Street cake with a 2 year old!
Well as May begins we are looking forward to continuing to heal at the Gay house and start planning the exciting arrival of our new family member this fall. Baby should be here right around Halloween. Thanks again for all the prayers, love and support this past month. Our family and friends mean the world to us. We are so very blessed.
One last picture from the spring. Kevin with his turkey! Drew is very proud.

No comments:
Post a Comment