Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's A Boy!

We are SOOO excited to announce that Baby #2 is a BOY!  We went on Friday afternoon for our appointment and had a sonogram.  Our sweet sonogram tech Audrey, who we have loved since she told us Drew would be a boy, did the sonogram.  She carefully checked the box on the paper and put the pictures in the envelope and sealed it all up.  Let me add, this was ALL Kevin's idea.  When we found out we were expecting he is the one who suggested we do something special to reveal the sex of the baby.  I think it was kinda like the year he gave up alcohol, chocolate and fried food for Lent - he spoke before he thought about what it really all meant.  Only a few days before the sonogram did he realize this meant he had to wait an extra day to find out too!  I was sure he would peak, but he did good.  I know him well enough that on Friday night I left the envelope in PLAIN VIEW - he assumed I hid it and couldn't find it Saturday morning when he wanted to sneak a peak!  The sonogram showed a perfect little baby.  All looks good and it was so wonderful to see him kick and move around. 

On Saturday morning Drew and I headed to the children's store, Sweet Dreams, here is Jackson.  It has some of my favorite kids clothes and baby things.  Drew reluctantly stopped long enough to help me pick out a pink outfit and blue outfit before he headed to the train table (they have to occupy their little shoppers.)  My friends at Sweet Dreams discretely wrapped the gift and even altered the receipt so I couldn't tell what was purchased.
On Saturday evening, our friends Susan, Chris and Peyton Woods and Chad, Celeste, Jack and Aaron Adams came over for dinner and the big reveal.  I think the consensus was it would be a girl.  They made it so much fun - insisting we not wait til after dinner to find out.  Drew opened the gift and the sweet blue sleep gown was peeking through the paper.  It was a wonderful family moment.

Now we have started really thinking about planning for the new baby.  A friend at work brought me two boxes of clothes - she has 3 boys.  I had forgotten how small infants are!  Ready for those snugly baby moments.  With Drew it was such a shock to our life and we were so nervous about being new parents I missed out on the some of the quiet moments.  I look forward to those this time around.  Having boys is truly a blessing.  We are looking forward to lots of days of balls, tractors and outside fun! 








No comments:

Post a Comment