We spent last a long weekend last week on the road to Georgia. First to Atlanta to visit the Rudolphs and then on to South Georgia. I am happy to report we had a great time and came home with a happy, healthy baby. We have now made two trips without any sign of sickness and we are sooo thankful! We took a lot of pictures so I will have to blog in two parts to get them all on.
Atlanta was good. Pat was good enough to make sure the heat left before we got there. We arrived to 87 degrees at 3:00 in the afternoon! We spent the night at the new Embassy Suites and against my better judgement Drew ate his first meal at one of his Dad's favorite restaurants, Ruth's Chris. In my defense let me say it was the hotel restaurant and we did ask before we brought a one year old. I was surprised to learn they had high chairs and a kid's menu. White tableclothes, creamed spinach and filets....and no major incidents. We did get "the look" when we walked in. The "please lord don't let that crazy couple who brought their one year old sit next to me" look. Drew really did exceptional and, unfortunately for us, liked the food. Between sushi and filets he already has a very mature palate. You can see above he also thought the luggage cart was a lot of fun.
On Friday we spent the morning at the Rudolph's house. It was hard to believe it had been a year since our last visit. Drew played with Sparky and helped Pete read the Gurdon Times. I can remember thinking I was grown-up when I used to help him read the Gurdon Times. That was nearly 30 years ago and I used to read it to see how many times I could find the name Rudolph in the paper. Gurdon is a little quieter these days and not much news to report. We shared a picnic lunch we had brought from Jackson and really enjoyed our visit. Thanks to Pat and Teresa for the hospitality and to Pete and Sue for letting a one year loose in their living room.
Drew playing with Sue
Drew and Pete
Drew and Sparky played chase
Drew as on to Teresa trying to steal some baby kisses










looks like you all had a blast.
ReplyDelete