Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cold & Long End to January

I have to apologize that my blogging has been on the back burner the past few weeks. After a week of closures in Jackson due to all the water problems there was lots to catch up on at work and at home. Drew's latest set of vaccinations were just the start of a more than a week of doctor visits. We have had allergic reactions, ear infections, stomach bugs and a lot of sleep deprivation for Kevin and me. It is hard to have a sick baby when you have one that is so happy and healthy. Luckily, all are better now and he is back to his old self. He is sitting here singing to me at the top of his lungs while trying to crawl across the living room floor. He is growing so fast!

OK, so to set the record straight we have determined he can sit up on his own. He just doesn't really have the desire to do it as much as I think he should.  Unfortunately he is in a class with 3 girls who all seem to cater to him. He lays on the mat and points and at 6 months they go get it!!! It is crazy. I do my best to tell them they don't have to do what boys say and to instruct my son to get his own toys!! It is really funny to watch. He is rolling and rolling and rolling and isn't far from crawling. He can get up on his elbows, but can't seem to coordinate the movement of his fat little legs. And, yes, they are fat. He is now 19 lbs 13 ozs! For a baby that started out in the 5th percentile I never thought 60th percentile would be in sight for us.

He has had to skip the past two weeks of swim lessons, but below are some pics from a few weeks ago. He really loves it. Knowing your child can save himself if he needs to is a wonderful feeling. We are looking forward to our annual beach trip in July and hope he will really be able to enjoy it.

As for now everything else is great. I will start travelling again some so we will be doing some daddy daycare. Should be some good stuff for blogging. Kevin will do great; it is me leaving that will be interesting. Thank God for text messaging and digital pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Drew is getting so big. I love seeing what he is doing b/c I know what I have to look forward too with Wyatt.
    Swimming lessons look so much fun, we are going to sign up in May. I can't wait.
    give him a big kiss and tell him that Wyatt is ready for a play date.

    ReplyDelete