Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!


Well 2010 is here!! I am still trying to figure out where 2009 went. As I reflect on the past year, MM and I could not have been more blessed. We welcomed the most precious gift we could have ever received into the world. Since June, the months have passed with warp speed. Each day was spent marveling at the new and latest developments with our son. As the year came to an end, MM and I were discussing the many ways we were blessed in 2009. While I cannot being to recite the entire list in this blog post, we have great family full of laughter and joy; we have our health; we have loving families, who although, far away have loved us and Drew more than we could have ever imagined; we have amazing friends, and; we have our careers which we love and enjoy. I do not know how anyone could be more blessed. We pray that 2010 will bring just as many blessings.

As for the latest update in our lives, for the first time in as long as we can remember we didn’t spend the holidays on the road. We spent Christmas and New Year at home in Mississippi. We enjoyed the Christmas Eve service at church and Christmas morning with Drew. MM prepared a great Christmas dinner for us. Just so, it would feel like Christmas we even used the china!

We celebrated the New Year with MM’s family and the Woods. We had a house full. We enjoyed great food and family. Thanks to MM’s sister Pam for bringing the Wii. It was a hit even though I was a little slow on the technology.


The little boys playing the Wii and the big boys playing the Wii

Aunt Pam may live in Texas but she is still a Hog fan with her guys!

MM had these taken while all the boys were togehter.
Dalton, Tom Alan and Drew



Believe or not, I even managed to go duck hunting over the holidays. I am pleased to report that we have a freezer full of ducks and we still have some hunting left to do. I will take this moment to thank my wonderful wife, who in no way understands or appreciates the enjoyment of duck hunting, but still manages an “I love you ” when I wake her up at 4:00 a.m. to go hunting.

Yes, that is a goose.  Not sure how to cook it.  If you have any recipes send our way.


We will try to carry on with the regular blog posts in 2010. We appreciate everyone that looks in on Drew and our family. Drew is getting so big, and he is full of smiles and laughs. We love every minute of it. We wish you all a blessed and prosperous 2010. We will continue to discern what God has in store for us and be gracious and humble for the blessing we receive. May you and your family have a wonderful 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment