We have had a great start to the new year. Drew is glad to be back at school with all his friends. He started swim lessons last Monday and really had fun in the water. I get the same questions when I tell people there is a swim class for 6 month olds.
Question 1. Do you just throw them in the pool? No, you get in the pool with them. The class is to get them used to the water early so they don't have a fear of it and to teach them basic skills such as getting out of the pool and keeping their head above water. Question 2. Can I come watch? Yes, you can come watch! They have an observation area around the pools. Last week there were more parents, grandparents, etc. then there were babies in the pool.
We didn't get many pictures this week, but hope to get some good ones to post next week. I was really surprised that he wasn't more afraid of the water. He had no fear whatsoever. He even went down the slide twice! I think the only thing he hated is that I wouldn't let go of him so he could do his own thing and he really was mad when we had to get out the pool. I have to admit putting on a bathing suit in January, 6 months after you have a baby wasn't my idea of fun, but it was so much fun to see him swim.
For all of you who are too far away to get to see Drew change daily we thought you might enjoy some video. Kevin and I are baffled daily about how we ended up with such a happy baby. Drew loves his bouncer and loves it when Kevin sings so he can dance. Too funny!

No comments:
Post a Comment