Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Fall, Football & Friends



 After a whirlwind move, wild summer and start to fall we have been able to fit in some fun family time.  Work hard, play harder.  

 Growing up in the SEC can be a challenge when your dad is a GA Bulldog, your mom is an AR Razorback and most of your friends are either Ole Miss Rebels or Mississippi State Bulldogs.  (Yes, I hear you screaming at the computer - I know we have other friends with other allegiances - when you take my kids to a game you get a blog post shout out!)
After Drew's first SEC game last year - Arkansas vs. Georgia - the boys were allowed to experience some Mississippi tradition this year.  First a trip to the Grove with the Tardys and MacNeills.  A perfect, unseasonably cool, fall day in early September.  
Tailgating with Mr. John
Owen kept saying "they have a TV, a tent and chicken"
what more does a kid need in life?!?!

Mrs. Amy made sure Drew as on the front line to greet the players as they headed to the field.  Little did we know he was pushed between the mothers of two players.  Both made sure their boys stopped to talk to him.  His first class trip to Oxford had only begun.


And of course his charmed life continued with a trip on the field - have I mentioned I have never been on the field at an SEC game! 





 One of my favorite pics from the day - Owen taking it all in.
Thanks to Mr. Tom!
Drew thinks he is pretty awesome.
After the Grove, a visit on the field, endless snacks, a basketball lesson from Andy Kennedy and a recruiting speech from Chancellor Khayat I had two boys who thought being a rebel was pretty awesome!  Bless him, sweet Owen barely made it out of the parking lot.
Just a few weeks after going to Oxford, and not to be out done, Drew went with is best buddy Henson to a Mississippi State game.  On Saturday, as he got ready, I heard Kevin telling him "Drew, there are bulldogs and there are THE BULLDOGS!"  My husband is determined not to let all of this recruiting ruin his chances of living in Athens again - I think he secretly dreams of moving back with Drew or Owen!  Drew had a blast!  Although Georgia lost that afternoon, Mississippi State won.  Drew walked into the house and announced "We won! And I got to ring a cowbell."  A little part of Kevin's Georgia heart died.  
Thanks to the Tylers for a great day!




Running into friends in the Junction - Chris Wiliams and Drew
Happy Birthday Dad!  

Another amazing year of laughs, smiles and hugs.  
(Note all the Georgia jerseys - still working on it!)






And then there is JA Football!

Stone, Drew and Henson
JA football couldn't be more fun!
2015 Walk to Defeat ALS

Blessed again this year to walk along side and in honor of our dear friend Scott Coffey!







We found the perfect spot on our back patio to roast marshmallows! Let fall begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment