So after a relaxing and much needed trip to the beach our routine was quickly interrupted by an unplanned trip to Batson Children's Hospital. In the midst of partnership meetings at my office I got a call that I knew wasn't good - "I have Owen and we are headed straight to the doctor." Wait, what, why....not something you hear my husband say very often and particularly surprising since I hadn't gotten a call from the daycare. After a day of being "in trouble" for taking off his shoes at school Kevin decided to cross examine our 3 year old about his behavior. When asked why he wouldn't keep his shoes on he replied "it hurts." We were all stunned to find a large infection spreading across Owen's foot. No doubt our world of Facebook and social media - flesh eating bacteria posts - had something to do with the panic. We went through a couple of days of treatments and finally ended up spending the weekend in the children's hospital. Not fun - unless you ask Owen - he was unfazed by the experience. In fact he told the nurse as we were leaving "I like this hotel, but my mommy is ready to go home." He was pretty enamored with the endless movie options and colored cheerios (Fruit Loops) he learned he could "order" before his IV meds. I think we walked every hall of the hospital! Luckily a few days of worry and meds and he was on the mend. So very thankful for a first class children's medical center literally down the street.
Thanks to Gigi and Papa and a week of rest his foot was back to normal and he never missed a beat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment