Friday, July 17, 2015

A GRAND Summer


We have had a summer that will be one for the memory books.  The boys had lots of quality time with the grandparents and we finished our remodel and move from our house in the suburbs to our much awaited dream home.  It has been HOT, long, exhausting, stressful, physically brutal, exciting, bittersweet and so much more!  We are now in our beautiful new home (still no pictures on the walls) with room to host family and friends, within minutes of school, work and church and in a neighborhood full of old and new friends.  People told me I would “buy” hours back into my life if we moved back to Jackson.  They couldn’t have been more right.  It is absolutely priceless. 

 







 Lots of hard work went into this house...this was probably the job that almost ended our marriage.  Note to self - Even if your husband is capable ALWAYS hire a plumber!  I am a HORRIBLE plumber's assistant and that is a problem.

During the week of the move the boys spent their first week away from mom and dad.  For the first time in 6 years Kevin and I were in our home together, overnight with no children.  The quiet was a little weird, but after you get used to hearing yourself think again and having actual start to finish conversations with your spouse it is pretty refreshing.  The boys had a blast with Gigi and Papa. I think they would have stayed two weeks if I would have let them. 

 First bath in the new house...



After less than a week in the new house we headed out for our annual beach vacation.  Nana and Granddaddy were able to join us for a the 4th of July celebration at the beach and Aunt Pam came for the week.  So much fun to share our favorite vacation spot with family. 









Owen and I enjoyed the beach chairs more than the beach.  He was not a fan of the "dirt." 






No comments:

Post a Comment