Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Years & Gumbo

 
A few years ago I started cooking gumbo over the Christmas/New Year’s break.  It was a time when work was slow and I could find a day off.  Then came along two busy little boys and it was very rare I was home for a day alone to enjoy some extended time in the kitchen.  The Christmas/New Year’s break often gave me at least one day when school was open that I could have a mommy day.  It was also a great way to clean out the freezer that was normally piled up with duck by this time of the year.  I had no idea I was starting a family tradition.  Kevin started helping a few years ago and this year Drew was big enough to help.  The pot gets bigger and bigger every year.  This year we spent 8 hours cooking and put up 25 quarts of gumbo.  So much fun and good eating for the rest of the winter! Gonna have to have a commercial grade stove for next year's cooking...working on finding us one! 




 
New Years' Eve with the Adams and Mr. Justin. 
It isn't a party until some Superheros show up!


No comments:

Post a Comment