Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Fun!

As I sit here at the beach enjoying my first peaceful afternoon in what feels like months I am trying to catch up on things like blogging.  Owen is sound asleep after a morning of fun and Drew and Kevin are gone to play golf.  May and June for us were absolutely crazy!  I looked back at my SkyMiles account and have literally been on about 16 airplanes since Easter.  Luckily a couple of those trips were fun trips.  More pics to come, but for now here are a few catch up pics.

Drew's last day at Galloway ECDC was bittersweet.  Sure hated to see he and Owen going different places as they have loved being in the same school.  After much research, lots of school tours and many late night conversations we decided to send Drew to Jackson Academy.  He was able to start with the summer program before "real" school starts in August to get to know the school and his new friends.  Several of his old friends from Galloway are already there with a few more coming this fall.  Just a few years and he and Owen will be back together as the JA campus includes K3-12th grade.  We are so excited as he starts this new chapter.  The hardest part about leaving Galloway is leaving his "super hero" security guards.  We consider each of these guys part of our family.  On his last day he gave them each a super hero shirt.  I LOVE this picture and can't thank these guys enough for always making sure my boys are safe and cared for!

Last day was also Owen's first swim day!  So much fun.

First day at JA was a success!  Although we have made several "injury" trips to Mrs. Burford's office he is still loving every minute.  
Kevin and I were so lucky to have Papa and Gigi come for the first week of June so we could enjoy a no kids trip to Vegas.  It was part business for me, but we had a great time away.  Kevin enjoyed it a little bit more than I did since he got to visit the spa and pool EVERY day!  Our hotel overlooked the Bellagio fountains which gave us a front row seat to the nightly fountain show.  Absolutely beautiful!
What do you do when we eat out without kids?  Order the biggest bone-in steak they have!




The week after Vegas Drew and I headed on a Mommy-Son trip to see Kaitlin graduate from high school.  Seeing her walk as an honor graduate was wonderful.  She has great things ahead of her in life.  I look forward to all the places we are going to get visit as life takes her on amazing journeys around the world.  Congrats Kaitlin!  We are so proud of you - our Kaitlin who Kan do anything!






Best Buds!  They had so much fun together!


Quote of the trip "This isn't a real pilot's hat.  I'm not a pilot.  I'm Sky Priority."
  
Before we headed to the beach I made the very hard (last child growing up) decision to cut Owen's curls.  They were becoming unruly and his ever-loving father kept calling him Joe Dirt and referring to his mullet.  As much as it pained me to do it, it was time.  I was fine until the blond curls started hitting the floor.  Luckily David was able to cut it so a few are still there.  He looks so grown up.  








No comments:

Post a Comment