As I post these Halloween pictures this morning I am up early with two boys watching The Great Pumpkin. We are getting ready to celebrate Owen's first birthday and enjoy a full weekend with friends and family. I cannot believe a year has flown by. It has everything we hoped for and nothing we expected. I am not sure if that is because Owen is "easier" than Drew was at one or if we are "easier" than we were with Drew. I have a feeling it is more us than them. Baby #2 brings all of the work, but none of the first time stress. We have learned to value every minute. I worried that having a second boy would mean learning how to split time and attention between the two. That is not the case. We have learned to value our time so much that I think we have had more time with Drew - or least more time we appreciate. That says a lot considering we live with a 4 year old negotiator with a very unique opinion. I thank God daily for Susan and Fred Richards who spent several Sundays helping prepare us for dealing with a toddler. It is a challenge and a joy all at the same time. At 6:15 a.m. this morning as I sat and watched them play wishing we could have gotten an extra hour of sleep Drew told me out of the blue "Mom, I love you. Your pretty." Makes it all worth it. So thankful for such our boys and blessed to celebrate Owen's first birthday.
Had a wonderful Halloween. Actually moved it up a day to beat some bad weather headed our way. Pizza at our house, hayride trick-or-treating and LOTS of friends. We LOVE our neighborhood and neighbors. I think in my count on Halloween night we had 16 kids under the age of 11- 8 are boys under the age of 6!!. And we only have 15 houses on our street!! It is a great place to be a kid. We are going to hate to leave, but I am afraid lack of space will force us all to move on soon.
Pumpkin patch with Gigi and Papa
2013 Walk to Defeat ALS

No comments:
Post a Comment