I cannot believe my sweet boy turned 4 yesterday. God has blessed us with 4 wonderful years with an amazing little boy who makes me laugh and smile every day. He woke Kevin and I up at 5:00 a.m. yesterday morning announcing his birthday. He was so excited. He climbed in bed with me and snuggled up. I had a quiet moment of pure love for my child. And then I hear "Mommy, I don't hear you singing. When are you all going to sing to me." From the other side of the bed I hear a grumpy voice say "The sun isn't even up!....Fine, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you..." Priceless.
We got up early and he opened presents. One of the good parts of having family away is the excitement of the birthday packages as they pile up on the dining table on the days leading up to a birthday. Drew could barely contain himself. He slowly opened the gifts and read every card. He was beaming with excitement. We had hidden his bike in the laundry room so when he was done we sent him in to get something. All he could say was "what is this? there is a bike in the laundry room!?!?" Once he realized it was his and we were going to let him ride it he put on his shoes as fast as he could. He was beyond excited. So at 6:15 a.m. on Monday we were out in the driveway test driving a new bike. He is still learning to ride it, but I have a feeling it won't take long. He fell off about halfway down the street, but got back on and peddled away. He had a big birthday. A new bike, Spiderman cupcakes at school, and then steak for dinner. He was ready to crash early! His party is Saturday so really the birthday is just beginning.
As I laid down last night I reminisced through the past four years. How much life has changed and how much this little boy has changed our lives for the better. I realized how God had blessed us with a magnifying glass. A little boy who helps us see so many things in this world that we were letting pass us by. Watching your children meet for the first time and their love for each other is an awe-inspiring. Drew loves and cares for Owen in ways I could have never imagined. I am so very glad he is a brother. Drew also learned the Lord's prayer this year. There is nothing that can bring you closer to God than your child praying those words with you. Kevin and I treasure the time we spend each evening praying with our children. It is grace in its purest form. We are truly grateful for all that God does in our lives. My prayer is for God to help us mold and direct this beautiful little boy in a way that leads to him. Happy Birthday Drew!
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.



Precious little Drew! What a tribute to him that he can always treasure! Happy Birthday little man!!
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute. I can just tell he has such a neat personality by reading your posts. Happy Birthday Drew :)
ReplyDelete