Thursday, June 9, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend and More

As promised, here are some pictures from our Memorial Day weekend. Thanks to my mom we were able to enjoy a night in New Orleans to celebrate the wedding of our friends Jack and Jennifer McCants. The wedding was absolutely beautiful.  Quintessential New Orleans at a beautiful home in the Garden District.  Jenn was stunning.  We are so happy for them and so glad we were able to share in this exciting time.  Kevin and I really enjoyed the break.  In case you are looking for great places to eat in New Orleans, as if there aren't a million, we had three great meals - Lucy's Surfer Bar, Tommy's----LOVED the duck and then brunch on Sunday at Luke.  It was a wonderful night away with friends.
Mr. & Mrs. McCants


Kevin thought everyone just wanted his picture. 
Apparently he didn't realize he had my very cute gold purse under his arm. 
Gotta love a man who will hold your purse!
Kevin & Amanda
Drew really had a great time with Granny and Dalton.  Granny showed up with an early birthday gift, which probably helped.  He LOVED the tent and tunnel which took up half of our living room  Gotta love gifts from the grandparents!  I am not sure Granny and Dalton were prepared for the energy of a two year old.  There was a whole lot of "Granny Watch" and "Granny Come" and "Granny Go Park."  He had so much fun that I don't think he even knew we were gone.  Makes it a lot easier to leave when he is having so much fun.  We are hoping they come back soon!





Poor Dalton was worn out.  He had been pulled in every direction and was a great sport about it.  So much fun to watch cousins play together.  I have feeling it won't be long before Dalton thinks he is too big to play.  He has grown up so fast. 

Most of you know our friends Susan and Chris Woods.  Their son Peyton who was born earlier this year and is getting so big.  They stopped by on Sunday to see us at the park.  Drew was fascinated with Peyton.  It was the first time Kevin had gotten to hold Peyton.  This little boy has LOTS of family in the area so you have to grab him when you can.  Everyone wants a turn with this cutie.  I am looking forward to the years ahead when Drew and Peyton can play together and Susan and I can actually talk again.  These babies have sure taken away from our girl time...lol.  So much to look forward to with our boys.
Playing with Peyton

One last picture.  I may be a Mommy now, but I am still a very proud aunt.  Tom Alan graduated from kindergarten last week.  Isn't he too cute in his cap and gown!


No comments:

Post a Comment