We will have to post our pictures from Thanksgiving week in two different parts or maybe even three. I think Drew is going to grow up thinking he is famous since it is like paparazzi following him with all the flashes of cameras around here. We were able to leave a day early and make into to Adel late Friday night. We ate dinner in Alabama and put on Drew's pajamas. He slept the rest of the way! We are so lucky to have a baby that travels so well.
On Saturday morning when I woke up to go to downstairs a small voice greeted me at the staircase and said "I don't know you. I'm Eli." After I got over the surprise I met the first of the Lindsey family. The Lindsey's were in Adel visiting family and friends. They are good friends of Kevin's mom and stay with her when they come. Drew enjoyed having three other little boys in the house to play with. We had a good time getting to know Joel, Melissa, Eli(5), Beckett(3-as of Sunday) and Schaeffer(5 months)...they stay busy with a house full of some great little boys. We got to help celebrate Beckett's 3rd birthday before they headed to home St. Louis. It is funny how you have people pass through your life sometimes who without even knowing it are able to provide you with a perspective on your life that you sometimes forget. Thanks, Melissa, for helping me remember how much I have to be thankful for. Always good to spend time with another mom who has great advice....FYI, if you are the mother of a young child get a sound machine!!
Eli posing for the camera
Teaching Drew all about cotton.
Kevin is hoping he is a farmer and NOT a lawyer!
Kevin is hoping he is a farmer and NOT a lawyer!
Hard to believe this field had already been picked and there was this much left behind.
Joel, Melissa, Eli, Beckett & Schaeffer Lindsey
(Holding up 3 for Beckett's 3rd Birthday!)
Drew LOVED that we came all the way to Georgia for the Beckett's 3rd Birthday party. So nice of the Lindsey's to leave us the balloons behind when they left. We are slowly "loosing" them.
Beckett is being VERY patient.
Below is an example of a GREAT MOM!
Melissa whipped up these MVP baseball cupcakes up not only on vacation, at someone else's house, but with her three boys and mine all running through the kitchen stealing twizzlers. It is amazing what our kids will inspire us to do. Thanks to the Lindseys for letting us share in Beckett's birthday!

















No comments:
Post a Comment