Monday, June 7, 2010

On the Mend




What a difference a week makes. Drew is doing much better and has bounced back from the hospital stay way faster than Kevin and I. I am still trying to catch up on sleep! He is moving around really well and we go this afternoon to see the pediatric orthopedic specialist to check out his back. He is still refusing to sit up, but doesn’t seem to have any other problems getting around. I am hoping the doctor can at least pinpoint the pain/problem so we can do some therapy and get better before the big birthday.

We reached a milestone this week and turned around the carseat.  Drew thinks he is in heaven.  He loves being able to see what is happening in the front.  He stayed awake as long as he could yesterday on the way home from church, but finally sacked out!

I can’t believe he will be 1 in just over a week. This past year has flown by. Drew attended his first “friend” birthday this weekend. His friend, Harrison, turned 1. Harrison and Drew were born two weeks apart. Harrison’s mom and I are good friends and work together so these boys have a lot in common. They tend to get the same things! Rebekah and I really should start negotiating two-for-one deals. Ever since we found out we were pregnant we have enjoyed parenting together. Our trip to register at Babies-R-Us was just the start of what has been an exciting ride. I have been so blessed to have such a wonderful friend to talk to and share these new experiences with and Drew and Harrison will no doubt be friends for a long time.

Below are a few of the pictures from the party. Harrison had a great birthday party!!!

Harrison LOVED his Cake!

Drew had a great time and loved the cake almost as much as the chicken nuggets!

1 comment:

  1. sweet boy, I'm so glad everything is getting back to normal. I pray they figure out how to help him, next week is the big day.
    we are excited for the big party.
    this year is gone, where did it go.

    ReplyDelete