And just like that we bought a house! Everyone said the right one would come along and it would all work out and it did. I am not very good at the "be still and know that I am God" verse! I prayed long and hard about this and just had to wait. So glad I did. I am so excited that I can't stand it. On the morning of Drew's Easter egg hunt at school I saw our friend who had shown us the house near the school last fall that we made an offer on and didn't get. She encouraged me to come look at one she was putting on the market that day. I told her we had taken a break and were just tired of looking for now. She said it was a good one so I reluctantly agreed. I had planned to make a quick run in to see it and Kevin didn't even want to go. He ended up coming to meet me to go to lunch and a few hours later we made an offer! Truth is he saw the custom dog kennels and the massive work rooms and hunting rooms in the garage and didn't even need to look at the house! It is much bigger than what we had planned to buy, but the price was right, the location was perfect and the house was a beautiful custom build for sale by the original owners who had cared for it well. Kevin says it was the perfect house until we signed the papers and then I came up with a list of things I wanted to change - not true! All that to say we are "updating" a few things. We closed a few weeks ago and should be in early summer.
The impending move has made April and May a whirlwind. We put our house on the market and have been spending a good deal of time at the other house doing the things we can do. The contractors are set to start Monday and I am ready. A whole lot of hurry up and wait. Had a wonderful Easter and got to share lunch with Justin and his mom. I love having guests over for holidays and using my china! Reminds me of Sunday lunch with Sue Rudolph.
Owen got into the egg hunting this year long enough to realize there was candy in the eggs. Once he figured out there was candy he would grab a few and start checking them out. Drew was a master egg hunter. We hunted eggs at school, at our friends the Santos house and on the capitol grounds Easter Sunday morning followed by church in our newly renovated sanctuary. It was a beautiful weekend.
Signing on the dotted line
| Thank goodness for Angie Haraway and Stone for working so hard to get us the house! So excited they will be our new neighbors! |

No comments:
Post a Comment