July was wonderful! Several much needed vacations for our family! All of that to say my blogging has been slow. We are back now and enjoying getting back into the routine of life and looking forward to fall...my absolute favorite time of the year! However, this summer really made great strides on the list of favs. It has really been fun. Drew has gone from being our toddler to being a little boy. He talks non-stop and is so much FUN! He moved into the "big kids" room at school a couple of weeks of ago and potty training will begin soon. Daycare has gone from being mostly care focused to classroom style. They are learning new things every week. Last week on the way home he started screaming "RARRRRRR" in the backseat. When I asked what he was doing he informed me "Mommy, I a lion, scare you." Funny. It was jungle animal week at school!
The last week in July we were able to spend some time with Kevin's family in Georgia and make a trip throw Atlanta to see my grandfather, Pete. It was a great trip.
As most of you know my grandmother Sue died in December. After her death Pete decided to move into assisted living for some company. He has really done well. It was so great to get to spend some time with him. I have to say I was a bit surprised to meet his new girlfriend! He hadn't bother to tell me about his romancing. She was doll and he seemed very happy. Both had been married 50+ years when they lost their spouses last year and are really doing well keeping the other company. I realized when we got home I didn't get any pictures of Phyllis and Pete. I will do better next time.
After we visited Pete we headed to the mountains in Helen, Georgia for a family vacation. And when I say family I mean Kevin's entire family. There were 15 of us sharing a cabin in the beautiful Georgia mountains. Drew was in heaven with all the attention and all the cousins. We really had a wonderful time together.
It is a gorgeous place to vacation!
| Breakfast with Uncle Ed |

![]() |
| This is the ONLY pic I got of Tiffany and Kaitlin. Love it! Pretty good way to vacation! |




No comments:
Post a Comment