Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July

We had a great weekend with friends and enjoyed some home time. We leave for our Florida vacation next week so we spent the weekend getting ready.   On Saturday Drew and I headed to see the Canton Hot Air Balloon Race while Kevin headed to play golf.  The website said it started at 7 a.m. so I figured if we were a little late it wouldn't matter.  WRONG!  Hello, RACE, generally means everyone is gone on time.  Don't know what I was thinking.  Anyway, it turned out better than planned.  When Kevin arrived at the golf course which was in what appeared to be the flight path of the balloons he called to say we could probably catch a glimpse from there.  Little did we know they were landing at the field next to golf course.  We were able to see all the balloons land and get up close and personal.  No crowds and No lines!  It was perfect.  Hot air balloons on the horizon on a summer morning in Mississippi are breathtaking.
"Mommy, I want a balloon and a boat!"...
followed by "P(laaaa)leasse!"

The weekend of Drew's birthday Papa and Gigi were able to make the trip to Jackson to visit. We hadn't seen this since before Christmas! Drew had changed a lot and they really had a great time.  
Drew is into everything these days and every day is a new experience.  He decided he liked my shoes better than his the other day.  Hard to reason with a 2 year old about why wearing mommy's shoes won't work for school.  I finally convinced him when I told him he couldn't go on the playground unless he wore HIS shoes.  He was agreeable at that point to change!
And, last, but not least, we will have more pictures to come in the next day or so of our new bed.  We converted Drew to a toddler bed.  So far so good.  He even informed me this morning "Mommy, wait, I fix." and then proceeded to try to make his bed.  God bless him, he is his father's child!

No comments:

Post a Comment